Sunday, December 27, 2009

Cuisine de Comfort Goes Fox?

Hi All:

I know it has been some time since I have written - apologies all around. It has been a very busy latter half of the year and I haven't been spending as much time in the kitchen as I would like. I have a turkey recipe (from Thanksgiving) that I have been meaning to post, but I will have to do that another evening. For now, I have some interesting news...

My wife, in her lifelong quest to find things for me to do (if keeping house, remodeling a bathroom and changing careers isn't enough) came upon a unique opportunity for me to become a reality tv star...

...I don't even want to know what you are thinking right now (ok, I sorta do).

There is a casting call for a new pilot/series called "MasterChef" that will be airing on Fox in the future. Gordon Ramsay, my favorite TV chef, is putting together another show that will feature non-professional cooks who have aspirations for becoming great chefs. It is focused on people who do not have formal training but love to cook. Nicole saw that and I think I was signed up before she told me about it (just kidding, honey :-/) and so I am auditioning.

So, for those of you that are loyal followers (and those who don't follow as often but read occasionally), I would like to have ideas of what to prepare for my audition. It has to be a dish that can be served at room temperature.

I am open to suggestions - it can be something I have made before (and posted here on my blog) or other ideas that you come up with...I am all ears!

The deadline for suggestions is January 5, 2010 at 11:59 PM EST. Please post as a comment to this blog post! Thanks and I look forward to your replies!

Yours in cooking,

Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would really appreciate your feedback. Please leave a comment after you read letting me know what you think. Also, if you try a recipe, please let me know how it came out and if you found my post helpful! Thanks so much for reading.